Pages

Friday 31 January 2014

Itchy and Scratchy meets OP14 ... the story continues

Although I have not mentioned it on my blog for the past few days, I have been thinking about bringing elements of OP14 and my ITCHY AND SCRATCHY wargame rules (and possibly BATTLE CRY, MEMOIR '44, and MEMOIR OF BATTLE) together. In fact I sat down one day with the intention of writing this 'new' set of rules ... and promptly hit a mental brick wall.

Modern thinking about work practices seems to be that what I should have done at that stage is just ploughed on regardless ... and hope that something useful would result. (I always think of this as the monkeys and typewriters approach!) It is almost as if being seen to do unproductive work is better than producing no obvious work at all, and that spending time thinking about solving a problem is wasted time.


I have never believed in this sort of approach ... which is probably why I never reached any higher on my career ladder than I did. I always preferred to mentally 'walk away' from a problem that I could not immediately solve in order to let my subconscious mind do the thinking for me ... and I usually found that it worked.

When I woke up this morning I felt as if I was almost ready to begin putting my ideas down on paper ... but not quite. Hopefully this will change as the day goes on and I do everything except sit at my computer thinking about how to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.