Pages

Monday 14 October 2013

Drip, drip, drip

I had hoped to spend part of this morning on my 'great garden tidy-up' project ... but like yesterday the weather is conspiring against me. It is raining ... and not that fine, misty rain that is annoying but in which one can work if one is wearing wet weather gear; it is that sort of heavy rain where each drop seems to penetrate whatever you are wearing so that you feel soaking wet within a matter of minutes.

An added problem is the mud. Over the past few days the soil around the laurel bushes has become saturated with rain, and has turned into a sticky mass of mud. Not only does it seem to stick to everything, but it also makes standing on the one-in-ten slope of our garden quite difficult ... and it seems to be quite impossible to saw the branches with ones feet sliding about.

Hopefully the rain will ease as the day goes on, and I might actually manage to get out into the garden to do some work, but until it does I am in a sort of limbo. I don't want to start anything - like my much postponed play-test of my Itchy and Scratchy rules - that I cannot stop doing very quickly. So in the meantime I am going to do some reading whilst I wait.

Things are looking better already!

4 comments:

  1. On days like that I like to have a nice warm cup of tea and sit back and read a book.

    Have a cuppa, Bob, and read something.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bluebeard Jeff,

    As it turned out, something cropped up that required my urgent attention ... and a drive to the other side of London.

    When I got back the weather had improved and I managed to do some work in the garden. I am now sitting down and having a well-deserved rest.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim Duncan,

    Now there is an idea!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.