Pages

Sunday 6 May 2012

Five months on ... and a 'Eureka!' moment

I was doing some minor tidying up in my toy/wargames room this morning and happened to need to move the spare single unit shelf I bought for the IKEA Husar bookshelves/cupboards I use ... and wondered if I could put it to good use. I only have three single units, one of which is next to the cupboard I am now using to store my Hexon II hexed terrain. When I opened the door of this single unit I realised that with a small amount of rearrangement I could move the contents to some of the other bookshelves. This would free up the single unit cupboard so that it could be used to store some of the Hexon terrain items, including the hills, roads, streams/narrow rivers, and fortifications. The space where they had been stored could then be used to store non-Hexon II terrain or painted figures.

The only fly in the ointment was the absence of the shelf support pins I needed so that I could use the spare shelf. A search through my box of IKEA spare parts proved fruitless, but at my wife's suggestion I searched eBay and found some on sale at a 'Buy it now' price ... so I bought them.


With luck the shelf support pins will be delivered early next week. In the meantime I have cleared the cupboard and moved the storage boxes into the newly emptied space.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bob

    I was half expecting you to say that you had also found a wargaming use for the too!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim Duncan,

    Funny that you should make that comment but my first thought was to see if I could find a wargaming use for the spare shelf.

    In the end I think that I found the best use for it.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.