Pages

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Send three and fourpence ...

A few careful purchases on eBay has ensured that I have some more Corgi tanks to add to my existing fleet. This morning's post included two small parcels that contained an additional Pzkpfw IV and four T34/76 tanks.



Thanks to Tim Gow telling me about the existence of a long-barrelled version of the Corgi Pzkpfw IV, I specifically looked for examples of this model when I searched eBay ... and bought three, two of which have yet to be delivered.

The four T34 tanks – plus another two that are on their way to me – means that I should end up with thirteen T34/76 and ten T34/85 tanks with which to counter any German tank force.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,

    A real 'Red Steamroller' then? Quantity has a quality all of its own!

    Very nice looking models and I did not know about the long barreled Panzer 4 from Corgi either!

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Crook,

    Stalin may have been wrong about many things ... but not in this instance.

    If you want to, you can regard a mighty phalanx of T34s rolling towards you as a target-rich environment ... or you can question whether you will be able to 'kill' them all before they 'kill' you; it is all a matter of how you see things!

    The long-barrelled Pzkpfw IV is a very nice model, and I am glad that I will have some in my collection.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. A search of my own 'war surplus' stocks has yielded a further Pz4. I'll bring it along next time I see you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim Gow,

    Thank you very much for your kind offer, which I will very willingly accept!

    Hope to see you soon.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geordie an Exiled FoG,

    My money is on the Pzkpfw IV!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.