Pages

Friday 30 September 2011

Them thar extra hills

I have continued to work – albeit slowly – on the larger hills that I am making to go with my 'new' terrain boards.

They are now at the stage where I have given them a coat of PVA glues to seal the wood (the water in the PVA opens the grain of the wood very slightly, thus allowing the PVA to penetrate the surface and to seal it), and the next stage is to give them a coat of water-based emulsion paint.


Once the paint has dried I can then begin the process of flocking the hills with static grass flock. Assuming that the weather stays fine over the weekend I should be able to finish these hills by Monday morning.

2 comments:

  1. Conrad Kinch,

    I have almost finished flocking the hills. All I have left to do is the top ... and then they will be ready to use.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.