Pages

Thursday 15 September 2011

Some more 'finds'

This morning I managed to make some more progress sorting through my toy/wargames room. Amongst the things I found were a small 15mm-scale painted and based Colonial army ....


... and a somewhat larger collection of painted 1870-era Prussian 15mm-scale figures.


The former were acquired for me by Tim Gow, and are based on 40mm wide bases. With the exception of the 18-pounder field gun, the figures are from Essex Miniatures' Colonial range. I think that the Prussian figures were made by Irregular Miniatures, and I must have painted them at least ten or fifteen years ago. There are enough of them to form the basis of two armies that could be used with my PORTABLE WARGAME 2 rules. All that the armies need in order to be completed is a couple of suitable Command figures (and staff), some field guns and crew, and some cavalry.

Finding these figures has made me realise that I probably have enough painted and unpainted 15mm-scale figures in my collection to form quite a few PW2 armies, and that a campaign set during the 1880 to 1910 period would not be too difficult to have ready to start within a matter of months if not weeks. It might mean that I have to do some figure painting (something that I have not done for quite a long time) and quite a lot of basing, but it should not be too arduous a task ... and it will spur me on to finish my PORTABLE WARGAME rules.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,

    It seems like the fates are conspiring to ensure that you have all the raw material to hand for the mooted 'imagi-world' campaign!

    Even the rebasing should be relatively straightforward.

    I am looking forward to seeing how this evolves over time.

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ross Mac,

    I keep discovering stuff that I had forgotten that I owned ... and the Prussian figures were a real 'find' that look like they need to be fielded on the tabletop as soon as possible!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Crook,

    There does seem to be some form of inevitability about this project … or maybe I have been working towards it without realising it for many years!

    We shall see! I wonder what will turn up next?

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.