Pages

Thursday 19 August 2010

Scanning images

I spent part of this morning trying to scan the photographs from Joseph Morschauser's book so that I can add them to the transcribed manuscript. I had done about half by lunchtime, but then my wife and I had to go to visit my father-in-law in Herne Bay, Kent ... and then take him to and from the hospital in Canterbury where he wanted to visit a friend.

When I got back I decided to print copies of the images I had scanned ... and I am very pleased that I did ... because they have not turned out too well. Although they look all right on screen, when they are printed they seem to lose some of their definition.

As a result, I am going to go back to the beginning and will scan them in again, this time on a slightly higher resolution and as colour (rather than monochrome) images. I have experimented with the scanner settings, and this should result in much better images ... I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.