Pages

Sunday 11 October 2009

When Empires Clash! – Colonial Wars: A short progress report

I actually managed to spend a couple of hours today working on WHEN EMPIRES CLASH! – COLONIAL WARS.

Most of the work was devoted to producing explanatory diagrams that should make it much easier for people to understand the rules. Here is an example of the sort of thing I have produced:

It shows how movement (left-hand side of the diagram) and weapon ranges (right-hand side of the diagram) are measured orthogonally.

More news as and when it happens!

4 comments:

  1. That looks good so far Bob - I would love to be able to do stuff like that on my PC! Certainly the use of diagrams would be a huge help for my naval rules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ogrefencer,

    The program I use is MS Visio. It has lots of useful templates (including maps) but I find that the basic ones cater for most of my needs.

    It is a 'click and drag' program; you select the shape you want, click on it, and drag it onto the page where you can then resize it, change its colour etc. Shapes can then be grouped together, copied, pasted, twisted etc.

    If you ever come across it, get yourself a copy. It will be money well spent.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. All steady progress - I look forward to the finished version, so I can have a shot of putting it in to use! Keep up the good work,

    CWT

    ReplyDelete
  4. CWT,

    Slow and steady is all I can manage at he moment!

    That said, I am hoping that the final draft will be ready in less than a fortnight.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.