Pages

Friday 19 June 2009

What's in a name?

After considerable thought - and quite few suggestions - I have decided to give my late 19th and early 20th century wargames rules a name ...

WHEN EMPIRES CLASH

As far as I can tell from a search on the Internet, no one else has used this name as yet. It is short, can be abbreviated to WEC, and sums up what was happening during that period of history.

Now the rules have a name I can finish drafting them ... so 'Onwards and Upwards'* it is!

* This was the motto of my college. It was an interesting place; there were 50 men and 600 women, and some of us thought that the motto was somewhat inappropriate.

2 comments:

  1. Nice name!

    It actually sounds better if you bellow it in a deep voice and add sound effects:

    "When Empires Clash!"
    [Rumble of thunder, lone wolf howling in the distance, etc.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. CWT,

    What surprised me was that no one else had used it.

    Mind you, as you have included an exclamation mark in your version of the title - and made it look better as a result - I suppose that I had better follow your example!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Please note that any comments that are spam or contain phishing messages or that come from Google Accounts that are 'Unknown' will be deleted.